Lein on license

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatnickshow

South Bend, Indiana I was in a car accident in 2004 with no insurance. The owners insurance company took me to court and we agreed on a number we could both work with. I lost my job and was unable to make any payments. Now last summer I received a letter in the mail stating that my license was suspended with a lien due to the outstanding debt.

Friday I finally got in touch with the law office that is arbitrating for the insurance company (eerie insurance) and they offered to settle for a lump sum of $1,500 and they would remove the lien. I have $750 cash and can pay the rest no later than April 1st. But in order to do that I need to work and need my license back. In your honest opinion does this sound like something that the insurance company would comply with considering I'm making an effort to pay the money back in a timely manor? I told the lawyer I'd even be willing to sign a promisary note saying that if I didn't pay in full I'd be willing to lose the original $750 and be stuck with the full amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back