lein / divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.

rougedreams2

Hi new to this site.

Questions I am hoping someone can answer? My wife and I live in Michigan. She was perviously married and divorced her husband about five years ago. In the divorce her ex-husband was to pay her 6 thousand for her share of the house they lived in or there would be a lien against the house until he paid. Plus there was interest added. Well never paid and about a year ago she got wind that he was putting the house up for sale. My wife went to her lawyers, paid an additional 500.00 dollars to make sure the lien would be filed. Well the house sold. We contacted the title company - no lien, records office - no lien. Back to the lawyers, claims the lien was filed. Back to the records office - found the lien. According to the records office her divorce papers were filed stating the lien but that was it.

My questions: What should be our next steps / who's responsible for the lien? Should our lawyer be held responsible for not filing the correct paperwork or did the records office mess up? Is the new owner now responsible for the debt? Any advice would be great?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back