Legal rights of roommate, without lease in jeopardy of being evicted in 48 hours.

sparks1922

Jurisdiction
Florida
What are my Legal rights as a roommate, without a lease or rental fee obligation. I have been the care taker of the home for almost a year and have a private room, I live there full time, get mail there and as of recent have been paid for my assistance in the household.
Due to my friend/roomate(Home owner) and I having a disagreement, my house key was taken off of my keychain without my permission, I was given 48 hours to move out with only my essential property and told the remainder of my belongings will be packed by a professional company and delivered to me, which even if I can get all of my things out within 48 hours, it was stated that that would not be an option at all.
What are my rights in this situation? Do I legally have to leave within such a short period of time?
I don't want to risk a possible eviction on my record, which can effect me getting a new place or fear of a groundless restraining order court date just to get me out of the house.
Any advise or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

What are my rights in this situation? Do I legally have to leave within such a short period of time?

The actions taken against you to date amount to an illegal eviction.
The ONLY legal way to get you gone is take you to court and evict you.
Read what FL law says about evictions:
:::
:::
Timing:
EVICTION PROCESS IN FLORIDA - A LAWYER'S EXPLANATION
(((
(((
Consumer Tip: RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF TENANTS AND LANDLORDS
<<<
<<<
More reading:
>>>
>>>
Eviction Notices for Not Paying Rent in Florida | Nolo.com

;;;
;;;
I suggest you visit a couple local attorneys.
Discuss what has happened to you.
The initial meeting is offered at no charge, but ask just to be sure.
Bottom line, you're sitting on a windfall, mate, if you play your cards right.
Don't go mouthing off, just remain silent.
Be smart, don't blow this lottery you're about to receive, be cool, be smooth, look pathetic, because the lawyer will explain how to receive this pot of leprechaun's gold.

See those two lawyers today, then follow the advice to a "T".

Back