Parole, Probation Legal? Probation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pest

I was on an interstate transfer from Idaho to Washington. I signed to do felony probation, and my case was closed early.

On Februrary 4th, my case was closed, my felony moved to a misdemeanor due to my withheld judgement.

I still, even though not being a felon even... wasn't notified. Neither I, nor Washington state's DoC had been notified I wasn't a felon.

So apparently I did 7 months of felony probation in another state without needing to, or even being a felon for that matter. Is this legal?

Basic information... I had a felony for Malicious Injury to Property. I was sentanced to some time, and 5 years probation with a withheld judgement. I transfered over to Washington, and compelted all 5 years without any violations. My case was closed early on Feb 4th, 2010. I was supposed to have it close don Sept 15, 2010, but it was done early. Washington DoC claims it has no knowledge of anything, and it is Idaho's fault... So... should I puruse this civily or...?

***I have yet to recieve ANY paperwork from Idaho, including DoC release papers, or case papers***

I was on an interstate transfer from Idaho to Washington. I signed to do felony probation, and my case was closed early.

On Februrary 4th, my case was closed, my felony moved to a misdemeanor due to my withheld judgement.

I still, even though not being a felon even... wasn't notified. Neither I, nor Washington state's DoC had been notified I wasn't a felon.

So apparently I did 7 months of felony probation in another state without needing to, or even being a felon for that matter. Is this legal?

Basic information... I had a felony for Malicious Injury to Property. I was sentanced to some time, and 5 years probation with a withheld judgement. I transfered over to Washington, and compelted all 5 years without any violations. My case was closed early on Feb 4th, 2010. I was supposed to have it close don Sept 15, 2010, but it was done early. Washington DoC claims it has no knowledge of anything, and it is Idaho's fault... So... should I puruse this civily or...?

***I have yet to recieve ANY paperwork from Idaho, including DoC release papers, or case papers***

if the felony was dropped and you did no jail time, I would leave well enough alone. You wont gain anything out of this situation. Be thankful your not a convicted felon and be done with it. good luck.

I had done jail time. The withheld judgement was ordered with several months of jail time. For a time, I was a convicted felon, before my probation was completed. So... when my probation was completed, my felony was dropped to a misdemeanor... but they did it early without notifying DoC in Washington so I could get off felony probation.

I had done jail time. The withheld judgement was ordered with several months of jail time. For a time, I was a convicted felon, before my probation was completed. So... when my probation was completed, my felony was dropped to a misdemeanor... but they did it early without notifying DoC in Washington so I could get off felony probation.

You could speak with a couple local lawyers about your options.
The initial consultation is normally free.
Take all your paperwork when you go.
After you've chatted with a couple or three lawyers, think about your options.
You're not locked up, so there is no hurry.
But, talk to someone.
It appears you might be able to do something.
But, only a consultation with a lawyer in your area will provide you with information with which you can make an intelligent decision.

I'm not sure you need to sue anyone... you don't seem to have an injury in this.
Someone somewhere made a mistake, and it can likely be corrected if you stay on top of things and work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back