legal length of a case in illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpbrooks

My boyfriend has been involved in a case for almost a year and a half. The SA agreed to drop all charges if he could pass a polygraph. He took and passed the polygraph and now the SA says he has violated terms of his bail. She has yet to have him arrested and now refuses to drop charges. This case has gone on for 16 months now. The last 4 months have been nothing but status hearings. The SA refuses to return phone calls to our public defender or disclose any information to our side. She insists that we can either go to trial or have another staus. How long can the state continue this? We were told that we cannot have the polygraph as evidence unless the state agrees so we feel like we are stuck. PLEASE help.

That was going to be our next step. We are back in court this morning and hopefully it all goes well. What would be nice is if there was some way to get the polygraph entered without SA approval.

Polygraph may be admissible

I was able to get the results of a polygraph test admitted in a criminal trial in Ohio last year. I'll be happy to share the details with you.

Louis Rovner, Ph.D.
818-340-6963

Is this a felony charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back