Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Legal arrest inside home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spdrplnt

Can the police legally arrest me in my home and in my bedroom where I was asleep, if my spouse invited them in? Upon entry she said she wanted me arrested, and showed them an earlier video (that was taken in my home without my consent) of me inhaling Computer air duster.

Agree; based on what you posted, I don't see why they couldn't.

Can the police legally arrest me in my home and in my bedroom where I was asleep, if my spouse invited them in? Upon entry she said she wanted me arrested, and showed them an earlier video (that was taken in my home without my consent) of me inhaling Computer air duster.

Be smarter, buddy, don't inhale that stuff. Those chemicals destroy your brain cells. It'll make you very ill.

Yes, the police determined they had probable cause to effect your arrest.
However, your wife's documentary might not be allowed in at your trial, spousal privilege and all.
Speak with your lawyer or public defender.
You could be able to stop the video from coming in, and proving you actually inhaled that junk might be very hard, unless you snitch on yourself.
Lawyer up, clam up.

Last edited:
Based on what you wrote I say no, an arrest would not be lawful. We're you charged with a felony offense? Was there some level of domestic violence that went along with this?

However, if after waking you they conducted some tests and determined you were under the influence then that would be legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back