Lease agreement of horse and neglect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmjKD

My mare is currently on a breeding lease, she has a colt at her side that is to be the lessees at the termination of lease, I recently went out to see my mare and she is 100-200 lbs under weight and had a halter so small on that it had rubbed the skin and hair off her jaw bones and is now 2 large open wounds... It states in my lease that the horse is to be maintained in the same or similar physical condition as when possession was provided to the lessee. I also had to BITCH at them for 2 weeks to get her hooves trimmed (and they looked terrible) I have pictures of all of this and would like to know if I have right to break the lease as they have not kept up their end, my horse needs to come home where she will be taken care of. Please HELP!!

My mare is currently on a breeding lease, she has a colt at her side that is to be the lessees at the termination of lease, I recently went out to see my mare and she is 100-200 lbs under weight and had a halter so small on that it had rubbed the skin and hair off her jaw bones and is now 2 large open wounds... It states in my lease that the horse is to be maintained in the same or similar physical condition as when possession was provided to the lessee. I also had to BITCH at them for 2 weeks to get her hooves trimmed (and they looked terrible) I have pictures of all of this and would like to know if I have right to break the lease as they have not kept up their end, my horse needs to come home where she will be taken care of. Please HELP!!

Breaking any lease isn't easy. If I were you, I'd avoid self help remedies.

Why not report the horse's poor treatment to the animal welfare authorities in the area? They'll do something to help the horse and see that the abuser is sanctioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back