Lawyer continues to charge me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

isusweetiez

If anyone could help I would appreciate it....I am dealing with my fiance's lawyer. Ryan acquired a lawyer for a custody battle which went on for about 3 months. At that time, he spoke to his lawyer no more than 5 times, met with him only once, and then settled without his help out of court. The fee for services rendered was about $1,000. Ryan being the stubborn man he is, refused to pay him because of the lack of involvement that he had in the case. Now, 9 months later, we just began receiving bills again from the lawyer with more than $600 in additional charges. These charges are billed under such things as ** $27 for a phone call made to a process server - left message. ** $12 to review status report from process server. All together, for the little work he did, he is now charging $1600. Is this legal?? And now that Ryan has officially been served with court papers and a court date, can he still be billed additional charges until that court date??

I am unclear what you have to do with this, but RYAN needs to have a talk with the lawyer.

If he is unable to clear things up, have him go to your state bar's fee dispute resolution committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back