Lawstuite Defedant isn't severed, What next

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I am suing someone that hit me in the rear. After dealing with his insurance company. They only want to pay my medical bills and nothing for pain and suffering lost wages, etc. So I turned down their offer and decided to sue the insured. The sheriff has made several attempts to serve the insured but nothing how should I continue the suing procedure if they can't serve him?

They only want to pay my medical bills and nothing for pain and suffering lost wages, etc.

That isn't new.
The insurance company didn't hit you.
You are free to sue the insurer.
If you wish to do that, hire yourself a lawyer.

So I turned down their offer and decided to sue the insured.

Good luck with that, boss.

The sheriff has made several attempts to serve the insured but nothing how should I continue the suing procedure if they can't serve him?

A defendant must receive NOTICE that someone wishes to sue her/him.

Your defendant is what I call, slick snake.

Until he's been PROPERLY served, your hands are tied, and your lawsuit goes nowhere.
That said, hire yourself a lawyer, and have the lawyer sue the insurer.

Good luck, boss.

have the lawyer sue the insurer.

Sorry, Judge, nobody gets to sue the at fault party's insurance company because the insurance company was not a party to the accident. The insurance company only represents its insured. OP is correct to sue the driver that hit him.

Just like if you sued your wife for divorce, you wouldn't sue her lawyer. Or if you sued your tenant for past due rent, you wouldn't sue your tenant's lawyer.

The sheriff has made several attempts to serve the insured but nothing how should I continue the suing procedure if they can't serve him?

Hire a private investigator who is also a process server. It'll cost you but they know all the tricks and will get your defendant served.

Sorry, Judge, nobody gets to sue the at fault party's insurance company because the insurance company was not a party to the accident.

By the way, until the matter has been litigated, there are no "at fault" parties, merely allegations of fault (or collusion with Russkies). :D

I knew that adjuster j, just trying to help the lad "keep hope alive".

The lawyer in a face to face is more likely to deliver "bad" news more gently than a snarky, old curmudgeon would.

I am suing someone that hit me in the rear.

I assume you meant that a car he was driving rear-ended a car you were driving.

how should I continue the suing procedure if they can't serve him?

That's a question for your attorney. If you don't have one, you should strongly consider retaining one. If you insist on handling this on your own, you'll have to learn the rules of procedure. If you are ultimately unable to serve (not "sever") the defendant, you may need to apply to the court to allow you to serve by publication. However, before you get there, hiring a private process server is the first step since they almost always do the job better than the sheriff. You may also need to hire a private investigator to verify the defendant's residence and maybe find where he works. You can also ask his insurer to accept service on behalf of the insured.

You are free to sue the insurer.

While this is true (anyone is "free to sue" anyone for anything), doing so would be frivolous. The defendant's insurer is not a proper party, and any attempt to sue would be met with a motion to dismiss that would be quickly granted and could get the OP sanctioned for frivolously suing the insurer.

hire yourself a lawyer, and have the lawyer sue the insurer.

I did that and he was the one that left me with the medical bills, by cancelling my case and won't say why. SMH there is much more to the story
I assume you meant that a car he was driving rear-ended a car you were driving.

That's a question for your attorney. If you don't have one, you should strongly consider retaining one. If you insist on handling this on your own, you'll have to learn the rules of procedure. If you are ultimately unable to serve (not "sever") the defendant, you may need to apply to the court to allow you to serve by publication. However, before you get there, hiring a private process server is the first step since they almost always do the job better than the sheriff. You may also need to hire a private investigator to verify the defendant's residence and maybe find where he works. You can also ask his insurer to accept service on behalf of the insured.

While this is true (anyone is "free to sue" anyone for anything), doing so would be frivolous. The defendant's insurer is not a proper party, and any attempt to sue would be met with a motion to dismiss that would be quickly granted and could get the OP sanctioned for frivolously suing the insurer.
So The person that hit my vehicle the insured not the insurance company already know I can't sue them they didn't hit me the insured did

I did that and he was the one that left me with the medical bills, by cancelling my case and won't say why. SMH there is much more to the story

That sucks.
You can complain to the state bar association.

It might be the one who hit you didn't have insurance, or had such a paltry level that you might have to go after him.

However, he might be a deadbeat, without any assets.

Back