Personal Bankruptcy Law School and filing for a Chapter 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigomama

Can a person who is filing for a Chapter 13, call a Law School to get help with filling out the paper work for a Chapter 13. In other words if someone is soon to graduate as a bankruptcy Lawyer, could a person call that school and ask for a student to help them file out the paper work needed to file a chapter 13.

Some law schools have clinics where third year students, under the supervision of faculty, can perform such assistance for course credit. You will have to call the school in question to find out if such a clinic exists. A student cannot practice law outside of such supervision until he is licensed.

You might also want to get a Nolo book on bankruptcy & read it.

Thanks guys, I will do both. I am trying to file on my own seeing how I can not afford what the lawyers are asking to represent clients these days, you know if I had the $3,000 I wouldn't be were I at right now. These Lawyers need to think about why people are filing bankruptcy in the first place, and drop there prices so people like me can afford to hirer them.

Uh..with all due respect, why on earth should attorneys reduce their fees because someone can't manage their own finances?

And before you say it, yes, I'm aware that BK is often NOT the result of frivolous spending.

Still, I think your outlook is unrealistic at best.

Lawyers have bills to pay too.

And young lawyers fresh out of school have school loans to pay, as well.

Life is not a John Grisham novel. Law students do not graduate from law school and walk into a $120,000 a year practice.

Our neighbors' daughter graduated from law school last year after 8 years of university work. She works for a large law firm & makes less than I made when I retired 16 years ago & I was not a lawyer. She has school loans to pay off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back