Law firm wants full balance and she can't pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnight

My daughter had an operation to remove a non cancerous tumor from her leg, She has no health insurance, so the hospital set-up an account. She had full intentions of paying this, but soon afterwards, the place where she works, cut her work hours drastically. She's single, and it's very difficult for her to pay rent and utilities. I'm unable to help her.
She lives in Georgia.
The law firm sent her a letter, stating that they want the full balance, which is $6,131.04. Of course she can't pay it right now.
Her only assets are a few pieces of cheap furniture and a 1998 Ford Ranger truck.
She never wanted a bad credit report, but knows that they can/will garnish her wages...She is afraid that they will take her truck to pay the balance on her account. The truck is her first vehicle and is paid for.
Is it possible that the law firm can/will take her truck?
Thank-You for any and all answers.

Very sorry to hear about your daughter and wish a quick recovery. I believe that the law firm can put place a lien and/or seize your daughter's personal property in order to collect upon their judgment. You may want to work out a payment plan with the law firm. You may want to tell them that they won't be able to get blood from a stone and that they have a choice to agree to work out a payment plan or file for bankruptcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back