Premises Liability Large Clothing Rack Fell On My 4-year-old

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCARF

I was with my 4-year-old at a large chain store and she had a large clothing rack fall on her. As a result her back was bruised and her muscles were pulled, inflamed and pulling on her vertebrates making her back sore. The doctor said she was very lucky she didn't get hurt a lot worse. I informed the store of her injuries and asked them to make the racks more stable or remove them before some one else gets hurt. After several calls of not getting them to take me serious I called the district manager and talked to his assistant. I mentioned low cost ways to ground the racks so no one else gets hurt. A day or two later I get a third party call asking about the accident and wanting to know if I'm asking for compensation. I'm not sure what to say. . If we do choose to ask for compensation, what do I say the compensation is for? How do I know how much to ask for? Is compensation something I should even pursue?

You aren't necessarily entitled to anything, but they still may offer a small amount to prevent you from suing for a lot more.
How did the rack fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back