Rent, Utilities Landlords drunk husband changing rules!!

Bradymegan1116

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
Me and my husband have lived in our home for almost a year now, never late on rent. We live on the same property as our landlord, seperated by a long driveway and surrounded by woods, around 10 acres. To be frank, our landlords husband is a drunk, we have no financial dealings with him, we give our landlord all the rent. Well within the last month our landlords husband told us my family cannot go walking in the woods because he has some friends in the woods hunting. This has happened every time my family wants to go back there.Can my landlords husband give his friends rights over us? Thank you for reading....-megan.

.Can my landlords husband give his friends rights over us? Thank you for reading....-megan.

Why do you think a woman (also someone's wife), not her husband, is SOLELY your landlord?

Even if he weren't your landlord, warning you there are hunters on HIS property was prudent.

I suggest you discuss your concerns with the woman you believe to be your landlord.

I suspect, even if his name is not on the deed, she'd side with her drunk husband over a tenant.

Your landlord owns the property, not you. Is it written in your lease that you have access to the entire property? If you don't like his rules you can move.

Your rent is for the house you live in, not necessarily all 10 acres.

The lease only has the address, my question is, that means all of a sudden me and my family are never allowed to go back in the woods? The trail leads thru our backyard that they drive down. And my husband has a atv that he rides down there, but he works out of town, so the times he is home he cant ride anymore?

The lease only has the address, my question is, that means all of a sudden me and my family are never allowed to go back in the woods? The trail leads thru our backyard that they drive down. And my husband has a atv that he rides down there, but he works out of town, so the times he is home he cant ride anymore?

No one here is your landlord.

Whatever anyone says means nothing.

Discuss this with your landlord, see what you're told.

I'm guessing you can use the property if you ask permission and don't interfere with the landlord's use, which is prioritized over yours.

Talk about it, ask the person who has the final word.

Why do people also lack common sense in life? It's hunting season..... Why in the world would you want to put yourself, family or friends in possible harms way? My in-laws live on a lake with 30+ houses on this lake. This property is surround by woods and the lake owns all the woods. During hunting season people UNDERSTAND it's not a good ideal to walk thru the woods. Reason is simple because it's HUNTING season. Back to your question is simple..... What does your lease state? Does it state you have access to the woods? If NOT then you have NO right to be there. Plus.... the landlord husband would carry the same weight as the landlord because they are married.

The key is simple... It's NOT YOUR property so stay out. They could post no trespass signs and have you arrested for entering...

Back