Landlord !!! What can I/We do???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpzer0

I live in a large, gated apartment complex 80= units, 3 buildings. There is an onsite management team and an off site management company, and the owner=LLC

Here is a brief overview of the problem. The onsite manager shows a lot of favortism toward one particular tenant in my section.

This particular tenant/unit is allowed to blatantly break the rules that are layed out in the rental aggreement.The unit in question is a 1br/1bth apt.

#1 in the rental agreement we are allowed 1 carport parking space w/ storage area.

These tenants are allowed to use two carport spaces w/ storage area, do to the fact that some tenants do not own cars, leaving empty spaces. (these people don`t even own a car!!) I believe the tenant`s family members are selling cars, and using this complex for a storage area until the car sells. I say this because different cars are "swapped out" quite frequently between the two spaces in question. That being said, an argument erupted between an Asian family and the mgr because the mgr told them that they could not make a deal with a "no car tenant" to use their space. (the Asian family rents the only 3 br apartment in the complex and has been here almost 20 years)
The family of the same tenant in question is allowed to enter the GATED complex at will, in their vehicles, through the gate !!!

#2 The same tenants moved from an upstairs 2br apt to a 1 br downstairs apt after the 24 yr old son supposedly moved out. Two weeks later, the son moved into the 1br apt with his parents This time he brought his girlfriend/fiance with him. There are now 4 people living in a 1br apt.

The son has also carved his name on two of the trees just outside my door. I know it is his name because it is a very uncommon name. If my son would have done this we would have been evicted.

ALL of this activity is known of by the on site mgr. I tried to complain to the management company and owner, but I hit a brick wall !! They did nothing but defend the management team. Of course they did !!! As long as they collect the rent then everything seems to be fine ! That`s B.S !!!

I have lived here for almost 6 years, and have never been late on my rent, nor any complaints. I could move, but why should I have to ???? I pay my rent, and abide by the rules, so why should I have to move to a more expensive apt ? I just want the rules to apply evenly across the board for ALL tenants.

This may be a factor - the problem tenant is immigrant hispanic, and so are the mgrs. I am also 1/2 Hispanic, and also in an interacial relationship(living together). I feel there is some discrimination toward tenants who are not immagrant hispanic, as those are the people who the mgr looks the other way for, even after bringing things to their attention.

In my opinion, favoritism toward a particular tenant, or type of tenant, in regard to the items mentioned above, is discrimination toward all other tenants !! Am I way off base on this?

There are at least three other tenants who feel the same as I. Is there anything that I, or we as a group can do to rectify the problem of this particular type of reverse discrimination?? The situation is causing me so much stress that I am having trouble sleeping at night.

I have a lot of photographic evidence regarding the issues.

What can I do about bringing a lawsuit ( what kind?) against this rat hole, and the asshole(s) who runs it? :mad:

Thank you.
Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back