Business Debt, Collections landlord/ utility bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicarose

Ok i lived in Kentucky and my gas was disconnected due to inability to pay a week after i had to move because i had fallen behind on the rent. Well now im getting calls from debt collectors saying i owe $900 for the gas i called the gas company and i was told it was legal for the landlord to re connect the gas in my name because he owns the property and im stuck with that bill. What can i do about this? Isnt it illegal to run up a bill in another person's name?

Last edited:
Ok i lived in Kentucky and my gas was disconnected due to inability to pay a week after i had to move because i had fallen behind on the rent. Well now im getting calls from debt collectors saying i owe $900 for the gas i called the gas company and i was told it was legal for the landlord to re connect the gas in my name because he owns the property and im stuck with that bill. What can i do about this? Isnt it illegal to run up a bill in another person's name?

You can attempt to negotiate a settlement.
You might want to tell the gas company (by certified letter, return receipt) that you are not responsible for any charges in your name after the date you vacated the premises.
Ask for a bill for only the days YOU occupied the unit. That you owe.
Otherwise, STOP communicating with debt collectors!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back