Landlord Tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPore

I am an artist who rents monthly from a property owner. I love my space but the owners have not supplied me with my contact agreement and has failed to honor my requests for ventilation as my livelihood depends on creating images and being able to work in the space. Needless to say they are still charging me the monthly rent and is threatening to take further measures if I don't bring my rent current. I have refused to honor their request because I am unable to work in the space. My clients can't stand to be in the space for 10 -15 minutes. This makes it virtually impossible for any transaction to transpires due to the unbearable conditions. What should I do?:(

Rights differ in various jurisdictions and I'm not sure what state you are in. Second, are you doing work in space that is zoned or in a residential building? If residential, is the lack of ventilation causing an inability to live in the space or just makes life miserable for clients visiting your space? Additionally, I tend to find that any time you want to document something that occurs, certified letters, return receipt preferable, is the optimal way to accomplish the goal. However, one must be very careful what they write, especially if you are talking about clients in residential property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back