Landlord stealing my buyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gudguy1212

I have a retail grocery store in a strip mall in WA state and my lease is currently up at the end of March, 2010. I had found a potential buyer for my grocery store and in order for the landlord to negotiate a new lease with the buyer the landlord asked to meet him and get financial information from him. I put them in touch with each other. Now my buyer will not answer my phone calls or return my messages. I'm afraid they are trying to work out a deal between themselves to take over the space after my current lease is up at the end of next month. I have a loan for my business, and if I were forced out by the landlord, I would have no way to pay it back.

Can the landlord and buyer work around me like this to screw me out of selling my business? Wouldn't this be a breach of some kind? Any advice is welcome.

I'm not positive, I'd just like to know what my options would be IF this were the case. The property manager has told me that he is meeting with the buyer tomorrow to discuss a new lease, yet the buyer hasn't returned any of my messages for over a week. I just find it fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back