landlord stealing lights

K

Kmayforever37

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I live in the building with four apartments and one of the apartments is the basement. My light bill is too high and I called the light company and they believe that my landlord is stealing my lights for two other apartments in this building. What do I do? I need so help.

I live in the building with four apartments and one of the apartments is the basement. My light bill is too high and I called the light company and they believe that my landlord is stealing my lights for two other apartments in this building. What do I do? I need so help.

You need to HIRE yourself a lawyer, if no one is willing to assist you.
There's even LESS uninvolved, ANONYMOUS strangers can do, mate.

I'm not sure why you're not calling your utility company to complain about your bill. That's the first step. And you should be able to verify exactly what is being metered as well. Complaints about "stealing electricity" usually involve someone interfering / changing / modifying what was installed by the utility company. A situation I had in the past involved the company coming onto the premises after seeing a significant usage change over the same period of time. Two apartments should register a significant amount of additional electricity usage.

Back