Landlord says it's ok to Break Lease...

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis8dmc

Hi, my fiance and I have been renting an apartment for 3 months now. When we moved in, we created a list of what was wrong with the apartment so they could not say we damaged it. We gave this list to the apartment manager. Well, a week ago the toilet overflowed because they never repaired it. The water seeped into the carpet, and it smells. I contacted our landlord when it occured and she sent maintainance out. They fixed the toilet, but did nothing to the carpet...A few days passed, the smell got worse. So i contacted our landlord again. She returns my call screaming at me for 7 min. claiming i harrassed her, and that i am never satisfied. I can't allow my fiance to live here with possible mold/mildew. She said we can break the lease. So, we have found a place, paid the deposit, and got approved. What I need to know is what to do legally to cover myself. how should I handle this with my landlord. 30 days notice, in writting, certified letter? What else?? Thanks for the help.

Get it in writing from management that you can break the lease and what you need to do to meet these requirements without a future penalty.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back