Landlord is trying to evict me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoc

My lease is up at the end of June. the old owner and the bank and the new owner and the property managment company. Are all calling me because they want me to move out. Because the house is in the sale process or its closed, not sure.There not trying to help out or anything. They just want me to give them rent for May and kick me out before my lease is up. I wasn't prepered for this. It seems like the are just trying to say their helping me out because they are telling me there helping me look for another place, but I still should just give them money for rent for May. And meanwhile I still need to deal with them wanting me out prematurly? And I need to get money and find a place so quickly. Can anyone tell me what I should do. Thanks

What state are you in?

In Calif, for example, there are areas which have rent control. If you are in a house, depending pn where you live there may be rent control. In your case, if it is a house not likely. Pay your rent on time until they give you a WRITTEN notice of eviction. If you do not pay rent on time, they have a reason to evict you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back