Landlord is harvesting houseflies on property

Gibson73

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
Things have been bad enough with the landlord here...
He has been taking the produce from his veggie garden and throwing it all over the yard on the side of the house where my entrance is and the flies are breeding upon this "matter"

I have confronted him about there being no screens on the windows.
I have confronted him about his leaving doors opened behind him.

He has had piles of garbage bags outside the house or in the garage being torn into by racoons? (Some larger animals than the mice I have photographed in my rental area.)
Flies SWARM these piles..

About a week after I moved in he discontinued the garbage removal service to this house, the dumpster dissapeared.

I have been having to sleep with covers over my full body including my head, because of flies.

Today I wake up and find he has opened entrance door to my area and left, it has gotten worst now, with flies. It is very hard to concentrate.

Have you contacted the county or city health department?
Have you contacted the local (city or county) code enforcement agency?
Have you contacted the local paper, tv stations, and radio stations?
If I were you, I'd be sure his filthy habits get publicized.
Try it.

The guy is nuts, and he's filthier than a hog.

You might want to consider moving at your earliest opportunity.

That's just disgusting. I don't know if you live in Minneapolis but maybe each city/county is roughly the same:
Common Residential Violations
Garbage and litter
Each property should have adequate trash containers, and the property should be free of trash, garbage and debris. If a nuisance condition exists and is not corrected in the time allotted, inspectors will order proper disposal and may authorize a contractor to correct the problem and assess the costs to the owner.
So maybe you can call your local code enforcement

Have you contacted the county or city health department?
Have you contacted the local (city or county) code enforcement agency?
Have you contacted the local paper, tv stations, and radio stations?
If I were you, I'd be sure his filthy habits get publicized.
Try it.

The guy is nuts, and he's filthier than a hog.

You might want to consider moving at your earliest opportunity.

I have a large reply to Army Judge, I opened another window to this page and am replying to you here.. (I am not sure how this exactly works) Is it OK that I put this whole situation into one reply or do I have to break the whole situation into different segments and post them to each general area.

As I am packing and loading I will keep on thinking and adding to the other reply, I am getting sick of typing bits and peices and really want one document to have, to present to possible representation.
This involves legal malpractice
landlord/tenant statutes
malicious vehicular attack, yes a truck.
illegal lockout/utils shuttoff/self help eviction
etc..

I have a large reply to Army Judge, I opened another window to this page and am replying to you here.. (I am not sure how this exactly works) Is it OK that I put this whole situation into one reply or do I have to break the whole situation into different segments and post them to each general area.

As I am packing and loading I will keep on thinking and adding to the other reply, I am getting sick of typing bits and peices and really want one document to have, to present to possible representation.
This involves legal malpractice
landlord/tenant statutes
malicious vehicular attack, yes a truck.
illegal lockout/utils shuttoff/self help eviction
etc..

I get it, mate, its complicated.
I'll take your word for it.
Don't worry about me, mate, just go get the help you require.
Its the holiday weekend, so it might be a little delay.
I agree with you, I'd get out, too.
Heck, I'd have been gone the first day the idiot LL pulled this nasty trick.

I called one TV news station and spoke for maybe one minute and the guy cut me off and said that if they were interested they would call me back.
What I think is needed is this "situation" in one place where it can be read. I will then give a link to here by email to the next news station, I will be somewhat embarrased if this happens.

I am hesitant/scared to say which city or county this happened in because I have been warned by the LL that if I serve legal documents to the owner of this house anymore that the sheriff's are going to arrest me and lock me up and that I have lots of people really pissed off at me because the homeowner was or is a large asset to the communities. I served repair notices to both him and the LL.

I do not know how far this corruption goes., It is a million(s) $ farm operation.

It has seemed no matter how I do things by the laws and within my rights that I keep on failing.
I think that no matter what I do I will be getting a UD on my shoulders, or for all I know the agencies that report such things for/to landlords have it in their records already, because it was visible for the 7 days before court.
I read about people having this problem and not being able to get it corrected and GONE, leading to theie homelessness like I am going to be. SOON.

If you really want to expose the "corruption" and the news doesn't think it's worthy for a spot on their network or paper then why not start your own blog. This way you can talk about whatever you want on their. Just be careful of libel though.

I am hesitant/scared to say which city or county this happened in because I have been warned by the LL that if I serve legal documents to the owner of this house anymore that the sheriff's are going to arrest me and lock me up

If you believe that you're already doomed.

Has it occurred to you to read the MN landlord tenant laws? If you haven't I suggest you do so now:

504B - 2015 Minnesota Statutes

I suspect that there are provisions in there that you might find helpful.

Back