Landlord harrassmet/insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvie33

We rented a house almost 2 years ago, after the first year the landlord never renewed the lease which has left us on a month to month. When we rented the house we were unaware that he (the landlord) lived in an apartment in the basement, we have found that this man is bipolar and it has made our live miseable in the sense that we often feel trapped in our house afraid of his mood swings. He complains if my daughter leaves her jump rope of the from steps stating the "IT LOOKS LIKE HARLEM HERE" when for over a year we had to look at a large broken down boat on the front lawn, he just re-did the driveway and my husbands vehicle leaks a little so he informed us now that the driveway is done he has to repair the car because he HAS TO park in the driveway since he doesn't like looking at cars in the street. My car recently had a mechanical problem and I took it off the road until i decide if I want to fix it or sell it, he informed me that he looked into it and saw that I had removed the insurance so he is looking into getting it taken away. We pay the electric in the entire house (he pays the heat) and last summer he put in a pool and had the electric run without permits and we are paying to filter the pool...yet we feel as though we are limited on the use of the pool and we are not allowed to have anyone but us use it. There is a lot more and in bits it seems trivial but I need to know my rights...I know the people who were here before us left with a terrible fight becasue he treated them apparently worse then us. We are looking to move but it is a matter of not having to change our daughters school....our lives have just been made miserable...her even complains about my 2 year old son waking up during the night because he has been quite sick with asthma and allergies and states that it's my problem not his and to find a way to stop him from getting up. What can we do besides move, I know that no matter how nice we try to move he is going to make things miserable...PLEASE HELP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back