landlord enters my apartment all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

osugirl2003

Help! My maintenance manager is constantly entering my apartment. I had a water leak in here about two months ago, but have not had (nor have I reported) any problems since. I started to notice that little things would be out of place or unplugged a couple of months ago. Last month I was fed up with him going in and out of my place with no permission or warning, so I called the resident manager. She explained to me that he was just in here to make sure that there was no problem with the water main. I told her that I would prefer a 24 hour notice before anyone entered the apartment. She told me that I needed to grow up. She said that she has known him for 16 years and that I was stupid to think that he would do anything in here. I just feel unsafe having a man in and out of my apartment as he pleases. What should I do? What are my rights?--He is still coming in and out of my apartment by the way.

Indya

Hi I wanted to know if anyoneout there has any info on how to handle a situation like this my landlordis doing the same thing but to certain ethnic groups in our building and I am trying to see who we can call to report this activity. I am trying ot find out who the owner of our building is . SO if you have any info pls reply .

Indya

Hi I wanted to know if any one :mad: out there has any info on how to handle a situation like this my landlordis doing the same thing but to certain ethnic groups in our building and I am trying to see who we can call to report this activity. I am trying to find out who the owner of our building is . SO if you have any info pls reply .

I am a Landlord, and the only reason I would enter with-out permission is because of emergency. You might want to let your landlord know that he should contact you first before coming into the apt. Look on your lease. Call them on this. One rental I own is a duplex and I am always there to have one of the renters to help me out at another place. I call first, and let them know I am on the way. I then ring the bell like I should and wait for the reply. I never enter with out permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back