Landlord changes name of tenant in order to file for eviction

Aniq1972

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Hello,

My landlord is trying to evict me and will not accept my rent payments. She took me to court one time and the case was dismissed since the rent was paid. I then noticed she put a for rent sign outside the house which prompted me to call the court to see if I missed another court date. When asked my name I gave it to them and they said the only case we see is the one that got dismissed since the landlord never showed up to court. I then get a letter which was placed in my mailbox with my first name and a totally different last name and it had her return address on it as well. I open it up and there is a notice of eviction addressed to Aniq Muhammad and my name is Aniq Salaam. I call down to the court using the docket number and they tell me Aniq Muhammad you missed your court date and a sheriff will be there to serve a notice of removal. My question is, is it legal for her to intentionally file under a totally different name which caused me to miss my court date? And I never received a summons to go to court the second time. And yes I am caught up on my rent she refuses to pick the checks up. Is there anything I can do about this?

Back