Repairs, Maintenance Landlord Carpet, Paint Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommy1998

I am considering renting out my house and need to know the specific laws on paint and carpet laws. Our house is in pretty good condition. Some of the bedrooms may need a fresh coat of paint.....The carpet would be professionally cleaned however some friends have told me I will need to replace it. Is this true?? Can someone please help me out , this would be my first time as a landlord.:eek:

Re: lanlord carpet/paint rights

As long as the home is in condition that one can live, it is acceptable. You don't have to perform a great paint job either. That's part of the price you'll be able to demand. Why would you be required to professionally clean the carpet? My guess is in order to induce someone to rent the place at a reasonable return you might want to but I'm unaware of any law that requires this!

There are some implied warranties that you may need to deal with as a landlord, such as the Covenant of Quiet Enjoyment (that the renter will be free from interference of the quiet enjoyment of the premises by the landlord and those in the landlord's control) and the Warranty of Habitability (the premises are in habitable conditions and also include the basic amenities like heat and hot water.)

Originally posted by mommy1998
I am considering renting out my house and need to know the specific laws on paint and carpet laws. Our house is in pretty good condition. Some of the bedrooms may need a fresh coat of paint.....The carpet would be professionally cleaned however some friends have told me I will need to replace it. Is this true?? Can someone please help me out , this would be my first time as a landlord.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back