Kirby

Militarywifey

Jurisdiction
Hawaii
I bought a Kirby on 3/6/16 and I have tried to cancel before the third day and no one answered the number I called I even left a message and no one called me back. So I figured I would keep using it to see if I liked it a little more and in reality let's be real I hate the thing! And after telling the company I tried cancelling and no one got back to me they are refusing! How can I get out of the contract. I haven't even made a payment yet!! First payment isn't until 6/15/16.

I bought a Kirby on 3/6/16 and I have tried to cancel before the third day and no one answered the number I called I even left a message and no one called me back. So I figured I would keep using it to see if I liked it a little more and in reality let's be real I hate the thing! And after telling the company I tried cancelling and no one got back to me they are refusing! How can I get out of the contract. I haven't even made a payment yet!! First payment isn't until 6/15/16.

Getting out of a Kirby contract, avoiding having them ruin your credit, and siccing their credit collector attack dogs on you is impossible.

You might ask your base's JAG what help is available to military family's on the island.

Google "Kirby Vacuum ripoff".

This is informative:

http://apps.americanbar.org/antitrust/at-committees/at-state/pdf/programs/spring-03/agconsumer.pdf

Here are a few horror stories for you to ponder:

Ripoff Report | Kirby Vacuum Complaint Review Naugutuck, Connecticut: 380243

Ripoff Report | Kirby Vacuums Complaint Review Nationwide: 1295431

Kirby Vacuum Cleaners

242 KIRBY complaints and reviews @ Pissed Consumer

There isn't much help for most people.

Some people take them to their small claims court, or contact their state attorney general's office.

Here's yours:

Department of the Attorney General | Contact Us

Back