Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Kidnapped/Sexually Assaulted

Status
Not open for further replies.

civilianlaw

Its been 27 years since I was kidnapped then sexually assaulted by a relative. My mother and sister saved me from any worse that could have possibly happened by my attacker.
In the paperwork that details these crimes, it is noted of what happened but he never was either charged with the kidnapping, only the sexual assault. I did not know until 3 months ago that this relative had already been told he was to have no contact with us before that happened because of previous assaults on my sisters and I ,therefore indicating I was kidnapped. He waited until my mother had left the house and sent my sister to the ballfields without me. Because of the limitations of time to file a civil suit, can I have him charged with the kidnapping then proceed to file a civil suit. P.S. He went on to victimize yet another girl a few years after. He claims to be saved. Please help me keep him from an upcoming inheritance he has been looking forward to his whole life. That would be my ultimate healing, revenge.

Sincerely,
Civilianlaw

I feel for you and I really have no legal information as far as the statute of limitations on kidnapping. However, I noticed you said that this guy molested another girl and now he says he is saved. These guys never stop molesting no matter what they say. If you want a good example of these feelings that they have, go rent, "The Woodsmen" that just came out with Kevin Bacon. And if these guys do actually go to prison and experience that life and they're no longer afraid of jail, they get worse. I will never believe that these guys quit because they've been saved.

Very sorry to hear your story

Hopefully over the past years you've received therapy.

As far as now trying to prosecute, it is my opinion that too much time has lagged since the crime; most DA's would be hard pressed to take a case this cold, but you never know.

Let me know what has transpired since your last submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back