Eviction Process Kicking aunt out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantae

I advised my aunt on 5/23/14 that she needed to find her a place of her own. She is not on my lease. It is now 6/25/14 she is refusing to leave my place and is being confrontational. Can I go to the courthouse and get the police to remove her from my property since she has already received a 30 day notice to vacate the premises?

I advised my aunt on 5/23/14 that she needed to find her a place of her own. She is not on my lease. It is now 6/25/14 she is refusing to leave my place and is being confrontational. Can I go to the courthouse and get the police to remove her from my property since she has already received a 30 day notice to vacate the premises?

The police can't remove her because you want her gone.

The only legal way out is for you (or your landlord) to bring an eviction action.
The 30 day notice must be properly served. Properly served isn't just telling or texting her.

Your state is very unique in the matter of evictions. Read this:

http://www.landlordguidance.com/eviction-notice-forms/kansas-eviction/

Your county might be slightly different, just Google ( eviction process YOUR COUNTY KS)

If you decide to properly serve her using posting, taking a picture with the daily newspaper front page in the picture is a good idea for later proof. The newspaper proves what day you served by posting!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back