K Visa K1 Visa Denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannagiggles

I need legal advice!!! Please Help!!! I have encountered with the U.S. Embassy in London. You see, I met a man through my church last summer and we bonded for the three months he was here and we fell in love. He asked me to marry him before he left and I gladly accepted. He went back home to Wales August of 2006. Before he left, I applied for a fiancé visa for him. Little did we know it would take so long to get anything accomplished. The I-797 was approved in Nov. of 2006. The fiancé package was then sent to the Embassy in London in order for him to have an interview. Anyway, to make a long story short, he went today, December 19, 2007, but his visa was denied because of prior drug convictions. In his past he has several of them, but he has not been in any trouble for 8 years. In the country of Wales if you have not been in trouble for 5 years all convictions are dropped from your record and it is like you have never had one. When he came into the country in May of 2006 he honestly answered the question of "do you have any convictions?" as "no", because he really doesn't still have them in Wales.
Because of the convictions the lady at the Embassy told him he is never allowed to come to the U.S. and he is not allowed to appeal the denial. I am distraught and I have no idea what to do. I am disappointed in the country I live in because we let so many people live here illegally and will not allow someone that is trying to be honest to have a second chance in life. He came in to be baptized and has turned his life around. His sponsor is actually our pastor at the church he joined when he was here for the three months. I know this sounds very strange, but it was as though he belonged here and he had always been a part of our lives, not only I think that, but so do many of the people from our church. My son and Iain bonded immediately. You see, my ex-husband of 9 years has not been a part of my children's lives because of his own choice. My son fell in love with Iain and calls him his dad. My son is as upset about this whole thing as we are.
I have been reading up on what we can do and I found this website. http://www.americanlaw.com/exclude3.html My fiancé has multiple (4) drug convictions that he did not even serve any time for in Wales, but the U.S. is still holding these convictions against him. Anyway, like I said before, it has been 8 years since his last conviction and in the information that I read it states that there is something called "Waiver of Certain Criminal Grounds". This does apply to him because he is rehabilitated and has turned his life over to God and lives a Godly life (which is part of the reason he wants to live the U.S.).
Is there anything that you can do to help me? Is there anyway I can get him here? Can I go to Wales and marry him, will they have to let him come back?
HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back