K Visa K-3 visa procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daena

Hi guys

I need a little advice! Here's the really short version of my story:

I went to the US, Austin Texas to be more precise, on the Visa Waiver Program and got married there to an American citizen. Now I am back in Belgium in order not to be out of status in the US. We have decided to apply for a K-3 visa but it is unclear who has to do what.. I searched the web and found contradicting information.

Here are my questions:

1. Is it advised to get a lawyer to apply for a K-3 visa or is it easy to do without legal representation? If so, can you advise where to find a good immigration lawyer in Austin Texas?
2. I gather that my husband has to file the "petition for alien relative" form first - is this correct? And then file the I-129F form together with the Form I-797, Notice of Action, the USCIS will send back to him.
3. Do I, the wife, apply for a K-3 visa in Belgium (my country of nationality) or where do I apply? And how long does it take to get the visa? No clear timelines can be found anywhere..

I have only been back for a few days but I miss my husband so much already! :( I just want the process to get back to the US to be as quickly as possible and avoid any delays.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

All the best
Daena :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back