Other Criminal Charges & Offenses just curious

I'm not sure how they booked under a wrong SS# or what the arrest was for but if it was an honest error, the case would most likely not be thrown out.

Can a case be thrown out of court if police arrest you & book you under someone else's SSN ?

No.

That SSN will merely be added as a possible matching number (an alias number) to the subject's criminal history or other record. Such errors are not good cause to DISMISS a case against someone.

I'm not sure how they booked under a wrong SS# or what the arrest was for but if it was an honest error, the case would most likely not be thrown out.

It's not uncommon ... the suspect may have provided it verbally, and it may have been incorrect ... it may have been entered incorrectly ... it may have been transposed on some other document ... etc. This is just one of many reasons why the SSN is no good as ID and why it plays little real role in the identification or booking process.

Yep - agree, it would be just like if they didn't spell the name quite correct, had wrong DOB etc. - the case will not get thrown out. I guess I should just had said no instead of most likely not.

Last edited:
Back