Criminal Trials, Hearings just a general question, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjhoke1982

My brother was recently imprisoned. There are a few things I feel that went wrong with his trial, though. First of all, he was offered a plea bargain. His lawyer told him if he pled guilty he was offered 5 years supervised probation. My brother had just had a child and decided this would be best for him and his family. He accepted and immediately after pleading guilty he was given a prison sentence. My mother tried everything she could to figure this out and couldn't. We asked the court appointed attourney and he said to file a complaint against him because he didn't do his job to the best of his ability(this guy, by the way, hardly ever showed up to the court dates and was also the lawyer for the guy that was testifying against my brother). Then my brother's case manager tells him that the judge did something illegal but that his new lawyer will have to find what it is himself because he can't help with it. Some of this seems a little iffy to me but I don't know much about law....one other thing..before he ever went to trial my brother and whatever lawyer he had requested change of venue many times because the county we live in there have been a lot of family members who have been in trouble and we didn't feel he would get a fair trial and was denied time and again? This county by the way is now under investigation for some of the stuff that has went on...could this affect my brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back