judgment lien

D

deedeedee3

Jurisdiction
New York
Hello, Found out recently I have a credit card judgment lein on my house for credit card debt.Been trying to negotiate with bank of america for a month now and no one has answers. They keep telling me wait 24-48 hours for legal team to get back to me. Been a month now and Its in there notes. NO one has called me. Need to settle.I offered them $4,500 on $19,000. DO i need attorney for faster answer or will they tell attorney same thing?

You should be handling this in writing, not by telephone.
Try writing them a letter with your proposed settlement, then be patient for a response.

Of course they won't give you the time of day. You are offering chump change on a $19000 debt and you have no leverage.

Hiring an attorney will only convince them that you have plenty of money.

You might get better attention if you offer 60% or 70% of the debt in cash.

Try to put yourself in the bank's shoes. Why would anyone simply agree to give you $15,000 - because you insist you can't pay for what you purchased? And I agree about retaining an attorney and can only wonder what an attorney will claim they can do for you as you don't dispute owing the principal, which is well in excess of the amount you're offering. You can get a consultation from an attorney but I'm guessing you'll have to pay an up front fee and will surmise that they will tell you the limited help they can provide.

Back