Judgements Against

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a valid judgment against you and you ignore it the plaintiff who won the judgment can come and collect. Depending on what it is about he can come with the Sheriff and take some of your belongings, or garnish your wages, or otherwise try to get what has been awarded to him. You would probably incur even more costs this way.

NYClex said:
If there is a valid judgment against you and you ignore it the plaintiff who won the judgment can come and collect. Depending on what it is about he can come with the Sheriff and take some of your belongings, or garnish your wages, or otherwise try to get what has been awarded to him. You would probably incur even more costs this way.
I HAVE ADJOINING PROPERTY WHICH HAS A SEPARATE DEED. PROPERTY HAS A GARAGE AND STORAGE SHED ON IT. CAN IT BE TAKEN IN A JUDGEMENT?

I Have An Adjoining Property Which Has A Separate Deed. Property Is Used As A Garaage And Storage Shed. Can It Be Taken In A Judgement?

zolarose said:
I Have An Adjoining Property Which Has A Separate Deed. Property Is Used As A Garaage And Storage Shed. Can It Be Taken In A Judgement?
THE JUDGEMENT IS OVER $15,000.

Pay It

Pay the judgment. A court of law would not have issued a judgment against you if there wasn't valid reason...so you owe the $15,000 to whomever. It would be in your best interest to pay it...even if you have to make some sort of payment arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back