Judgement/Pattern Interrogatories

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlhartman

A judgement was entered against me by a law firm for old credit card debt. I have now received an Interrogatories notice stating to fully answer the Interrogatories and return within 10 days of the receipt of the notice. In addition, the notice states: Failure to respond fully, accurately and timely to these interrogatories could result in a citation for contempt of court. The debt is about 3 1/2 years old, but it is my understanding that the sol in the state of Colorado is 6 years. I have not met this obligation due to being laid off from my job a few years ago and not having the money. I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Answer the interrogatories. And contact the law firm to see if there's any way you can work out a payment arrangement.

I second dee_dub - in my experience, collection law firms are usually able to settle for less than the judgment amount so contact them to see what type of options you have.

Not only that, check and see what the timeline is for the due date on Interrogatories in Colorado. If you receive them in the mail, you normally have 35 days to respond, not 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back