Judgement, 7 times what I earn in a year

justblue

I have a few questions about a judgement filed against me. No need fo for entire explanations; just 1 or 2 words.

A little about my situation...
-Reside in a Joint Survivorship state.
-the countersuit was filed on against me, my husband is not named
-Bc of my husband's income, I don't qualify for Chapters 13 or 7
-Technically I qualify for disability, there is no way I can return to FT work due to PTSD, memory problems related to past ineffective of Treatment-resistant depression in the past, Generalized Anxiety and Panic Disorder).
-I work PT retail; I do not make enough for garnishment
-lien is on my half of the deed, the mortgage is in only my husband's name

Will I have to go into a courtroom with the attorney to answer questions again?

Is there anything my new attorney can file for the other attorney to not send me into another dissociative episode again? The man is truly terrifying. Just thinking about him makes me so anxious I tremble.

What happens when a judgement creditor refuses my husband's settlement offer, instead opting to attempt collection of the full amount?

When I attempted mediation at a higher court, the judgement creditor demanded another $20k and personal property in addition to the judgement decision? Does the Court of Commpleas change their ruling to the amount the debt creditor is demanding?

Even though I have made settlement offers several times, I shut down above mediation immediately. Was that a bad move on my part?

Who decides if my judgement is uncollectible?

***Will I be forced to answer supplementary interrogatories every 60-90 days until the judgement expires?

What happens to a lien on my half of our house expires?

Can I be forced to work FT to pay the debt?

Is "not applicable" an acceptable/"meaningful" answer to questions about my husband's income, mortgage account, property titled to him as well as an inheritance?

Is using a vehicle previously titled in my name as a trade-in for a vehicle titled in my name considered transfer of property?

What about if I were to have a car accident, my ins company totals out my car? Who gets the payout?

Who is senior/junior creditor on my husband's mortgage when the judgement creditor's lien is on my half of our deed?

What will the penalty be bc my husband stopping depositing his wages into accounts with my name on them?

Thank you so much for any answers, hopefully, they will help me sleep tonight.
These are all questions you should ask your attorney, not random people on the internet.

Bc of my husband's income, I don't qualify for Chapters 13 or 7

I'll cut to the chase. Your husband's income has nothing to do with whether or not you can file bankruptcy.

You can file on your own if the judgment is in your name only.

Talk to a bankruptcy attorney ASAP and review your options.

Reside in a Joint Survivorship state.

What state are you referring to? I have never heard the term "joint survivorship state." What do you think that term means?

Will I have to go into a courtroom with the attorney to answer questions again?

If you're talking about a judgment debtor exam, that can happen as long as the judgment remains enforceable. There are probably restrictions on how frequently they can be conducted.

What happens when a judgement creditor refuses my husband's settlement offer, instead opting to attempt collection of the full amount?

Your question asks itself. If the creditor rejects a settlement offer, then the creditor can try to collect the full balance of the judgment.

When I attempted mediation at a higher court, the judgement creditor demanded another $20k and personal property in addition to the judgement decision? Does the Court of Commpleas change their ruling to the amount the debt creditor is demanding?

No idea what you're talking about here.

Who decides if my judgement is uncollectible?

The judgment creditor.

Will I be forced to answer supplementary interrogatories every 60-90 days until the judgement expires?

Unlikely.

What happens to a lien on my half of our house expires?

Huh?

Can I be forced to work FT to pay the debt?

No.

Is "not applicable" an acceptable/"meaningful" answer to questions about my husband's income, mortgage account, property titled to him as well as an inheritance?

Unlikely, but no one who doesn't know the exact wording of the question can opine intelligently about this..

Is using a vehicle previously titled in my name as a trade-in for a vehicle titled in my name considered transfer of property?

Yes.

What about if I were to have a car accident, my ins company totals out my car? Who gets the payout?

The owner of the vehicle or the lienholder.

What will the penalty be bc my husband stopping depositing his wages into accounts with my name on them?

Why would you think a "penalty" would result from this?

Based on your description of the judgment, it may be non-dischargeable even if you did file bankruptcy. I suggest you seek advice from the attorney you said you have.

Last edited:
Back