Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse job applications

Do i have to put down on applications my convictions in a new state after seven years of not being in trouble

You don't HAVE to apply, but if you do apply, you must be truthful.
If you waffle, try to conceal, or rationalize your answers you can be quickly terminated (should you get hired)
For lying on your application.

Unlike bad debts, criminal convictions never age off, or disappear by the passage of time.

Here is a trick I tell clients who have shoplifting records. It applies to you as well. READ all questions carefully! If it asks for convictions then look to see if there is a time period (like 7 years). If there is a 7 year limit and your offense is older than 7 years you need not list it. If it doesn't you must! If your required to list a conviction put yes but ask to explain. there may be wiggle room if its an old conviction and you have no other issues. Was your case part of a deferral programmeaning once you completed probation your case dismissed? If so you can say no as there would be no conviction record

You need to read all questions on applications for employment carefully & then answer truthfully. All applications are not the same & different states have different laws as to what can be asked re arrests & convictions etc.

Agreed, read all questions carefully and answer them completely truthfully. Our job applications ask "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" so we expect you to include anything no matter how long ago. We also specify that, while having a felony conviction may not automatically disqualify you for employment, if we find out that you had a conviction and lied about it on the application it WILL disqualify you, or if you have already been hired, it will be grounds for immediate termination.

OP - I guess we can say employers do not like applicants or employees who lied on their employment application.

Back