Iterations in contract negotiation

wala

Jurisdiction
Europe
Hi all! I have been practicing various matters in law, and recently I returned back to helping my client to conclude B2B contracts. Among them are service contracts, but also NDA etc.

It is a dummy question, although I don't know what is the best practice to align with the client/partner on terms of the contract. First iteration, when someone suggests amends, then another party refuses. Another iteration, exchange of docx, and another.

How to make these negotiations more smooth, while not passively accept the version suggested by the client/partner. Especially I am concerned about NDAs, since the process consumes resources and the outcome not that visible.

Please share how do you avoid endless amends and exchange of contract versions. As a lawyer I don't want to be a burden in the business process.

Hi all! I have been practicing various matters in law, and recently I returned back to helping my client to conclude B2B contracts. Among them are service contracts, but also NDA etc.

It is a dummy question, although I don't know what is the best practice to align with the client/partner on terms of the contract. First iteration, when someone suggests amends, then another party refuses. Another iteration, exchange of docx, and another.

How to make these negotiations more smooth, while not passively accept the version suggested by the client/partner. Especially I am concerned about NDAs, since the process consumes resources and the outcome not that visible.

Please share how do you avoid endless amends and exchange of contract versions. As a lawyer I don't want to be a burden in the business process.
This site is for United States Law.

I also suggest you read the terms of the site. This site, comprised of mostly laypersons, is for general guidance. There are a few attorneys that volunteer...but most of the volunteers are educated laypersons.

You might what to reach out to the Bar Association (or whatever the equivalent) in your unnamed European country for assistance with your issue rather than random internet sites in other countries.

Dear @justblue
I realise that the target audience here is the EU, although that is a general matter as long as we work with US clients as well.
Anyways, I see that I am not welcomed here
bye

Wala - the difficulty is that law differs between countries. Law in the US is in some ways enormously different from the law in Europe, and even within Europe it's not necessarily the same from country to country. The members here, who are all volunteers, only know US law. We can't be of help for law outside the US.

Back