Issues With Food Lion Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARP_Engineer

We did work for a food lion Grocery store (repairs on wheel chairs in the front of the store) They refuse to pay our invoices because they say we had no vendor number with them, however when we called on the stores the management welcomed us in and signed our paperwork our work orders and said we did a great job and how happy they are.

The Food lion sent us a letter and e-mail saying they will pay full amount of parts installed but not what they owe in trip charges and less than 1/2 of the labor that is signed off by store managers. They have working wheel chairs and most were broken for two months before we got there.

the total amount they owe is 22,0000 they want to settle for a little less than 8,000. should i tell them to stick it and sue them?

Need help and advise

Nobody can tell you what to do and you have to decide if the lawsuit is worth it. That's a huge difference of 14K and you'll have to sue in civil court if you want to recover it all. I'm not sure what the dispute is but hiring a lawyer might not be on contingency, depending upon evidence and paperwork you may have. If the Food Lion signed a contract but didn't play because of an invoice discrepancy, you've remedied that and they have no defense. If they accepted the work you've done, they have no defense. I have no idea of what trip charges are and we have no idea why they won't pay for the labor. If there was no contract or proof of an agreement as to rate... good luck. Going to court is also about assessing risk of spending good time and money after what may be a better or riskier case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back