issued a citation and then in the mail received a new citation

G

greenbird

Jurisdiction
California
My family and I were at a down town street park in San Jose on July 29th 2016.. Playing Pokemon Go. Officer announces park is closed, everybody leave the park. We started to leave to the sidewalk where he also announced we could be on the sidewalk but not on the grass. We had to cross the park to get to our car where it was parked. We started to walk across the grass and I said " our cars over there and pointed to the car so we need to cross through the park. We continued to cross and he called me back and asked for my license and sited me for bing in the park after dark. He asked all the family while recording from his body cam. Didn't I just talk to you. We all replied no sir you did not. He apparently thought we were someone else is all I can figure. The ticket was not complete. The police officer left off the time on the citation. I went to cour to appear for the ticket and plead not guilty but the clerk had no record. . Two months later I receive in the mail a revision to the first citation correcting the time the ticket was issued . He had also revised/charged the citation Code to parking in the park after dark. I am going to fight this because this is so wrong. I am representing myself. I am trying to find a discovery request. I want to get his notes on the back of the ticket as well as the audio/video recording. Now I am thinking, if I use the new citation number I will not get anything because the first citation is were all the proof of his conversation / questions to use was obvious he had confused us with someone else. How can I ask for both tickets/citations in a discovery request? Can I summit 2 individual discovery request for each citation?? The citation went from an infraction to a misdemeanor $410.00 dollars. Thanks

This has nothing to do with parking tickets, tow, or impound.

Since you think these are misdemeanors you may want to consider having an attorney deal with this.

Back