Isnt there a law reguarding this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarb

Last year I was in a rehabilitation/nursing home due to a massive stroke. While I was there I had a trach and g tube. 2 male nurses came into my room and said they needed to straight catheter me to collect urine and being unable to speak because of the trach and unable to move my legs I shook my head no because I felt uncomfortable with no female in the room. As they tried to open my legs I fought with them. They injected me with something to knock me out and never could tell me or my mother what medicine it was. I typed out a few days later for the supervisor and she stated that she was working that day and had no idea about this because she would of been in there. My mother wrote a statement what I wrote to her also that I called her trying to speak and crying but she couldn't understand me, also what the supervisor told us. The following week this supervisor was fired. Shouldn't they have needed my concern to do this especially with no female, if so what kind of charges can be filed?

Having a female present is more of a courtesy and may be a requirement under hospital policy, but there is no legal requirement.
Had you told the hospital of this concern prior to the incident? Is there any evidence of wrongdoing by the male nurses or is it simply based on your preference for a female?

Yes, I clearly didn't want them to do it. They also knew how I felt about men taking care of me especially being exposed that's why I had only female aids. And for them to drug me up just so they can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back