Isn't there a law against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatgirl

I rented a car at the end of September. When I returned the car, I owed 307.43. I had all the available funds on my debit card to pay the amount that i owed but for some unknown reason they could only charge me 250. At that time the lady behind the counter said that my card wouldn't be charged anymore and that I would be billed. (I returned the car on the 3rd of October)On October 16th my account was debited the remaining 57.43. Because of this my account incurred $240 in overdraft charges, because every time I used my card to buy milk or gas it incurred another $35 charge. I called the rental car place and explained the situation and asked to be refunded the 57.43 and arrange a payment for the amount but the customer service lady was not able to help me. I then asked to speak to the supervisor, who was completely unwilling to listen and so I then asked to speak to her supervisor. She told me that there was I wasn't allowed to speak to anyone else. She then told me that I could not speak to the CEO or president of the company and I said that being a customer, I have the right to contact any member of the company and she proceeded to yell at me and tell that no one cared about my little 57.43. Having been lied to by an employee of the company and then charging an unauthorized charge which is looking like it is going to cost me an additional $240. There has got to be SOMETHING that prohibits this kind of behavior.

Did you get any promises from the company in writing?

If not, then you are out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back