Consumer Law, Warranties Is this a valid contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattb0312

Sorry for the multiple posts. We are trying to get my daughters out of a bad karate school experience. I have been studying what makes a contract valid and this one seems to be lacking a few things. It does not have any kind of offer stated and it is not signed by the school. Also the price listed in the contract is how much we pay for both daugthers but only one daughter is in the Black Belt Club. I have attached the contract. Thanks for your help.

That "thing" may be something, but a contract it isn't.

If I were you, I'd tell the "academy" that you're canceling the "thing".

Advise them that your lawyer said the "thing" isn't a valid contract. Then just stop paying and withdraw your children.

They'll let you go or sue you.

If they sue, you defend.

Thanks for your help. I didn't think it was valid. Am I correct in that is is not valid because:

1. No offer stated...just a cancellation clause
2. No signature from the school
3. No meeting of the minds since the offer is not stated

Once again...thanks for all the help.

It is absent an offer.

It wants for specific consideration.

It appears to be a bill of sale or it could masquerade as a purchase order. Hell, some might call it a receipt. It could also be considered a sales order or purchase agreement.

But, it fails on so many other grounds.

This is one reason people get sued.

Is this the ONLY document? Was there anything else at all given to you at the same time?
It seems that this is likely one of several pages.

This is the only page. They already had our credit card info for the month to month payments. I placed a merchant block on the credit card so they can't take any more payments out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back