Is this a Trespassing issue or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holiday8

The manager for the apartment complex I live in, is away until next year. He left his phone number and mailing address, as well as e-mail address with all the tenants. He also subleased his own unit to a friend. He left this friend in charge of collecting the rents.

When I first moved into my unit, this woman came to my door and asked me if some guy, (I'll call him John) was there. She seemed angry, and confrontational. I told her that I didn't know any John, that perhaps she had the wrong unit? Instead of just leaving, she then identified herself as the person who was sub-leasing from the manager, and mentioned another lady's name, saying that she was this lady's best friend. By now, I was beginning to think she was deranged. I calmly repeated that I didn't know the person that she was asking about. Finally, she went away. In subsequent interactions with her, she was rude and hostile.

I strongly suspect that she has been snooping around my place while I am away. On two occasions, I found a few things to be not the way I'd left them. I also found strands of blond hair on the floor. (She has blond hair.)
I later found out that manager had given her keys to all the units.

A friend recommended that I install a hidden camera to see if she is indeed snooping. I am not sure why she is antagonistic to me, and suspect, based on her past behavior, that she is fully capable of more odd behavior.

My question is, if I capture her on video, what should I do with the evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back