Is lockout legal in Georgia??? Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink2384

I recently took over my late fiance business. He was renting the building from the landlord and due to the situation was behind on the rent before he passed. I took over the business and was making payments on the rent to get it caught up. Today i went to the business to discover that she had changed the locks on the building without any type of notice or call. Do to the business change she has yet to fax over the new lease that I have been requesting over the last three weeks. I have called her numerous times and left numerous messages and she has yet to return my call. I would like to know what my rights are and what I can do to get my belongings out of the building if she does not want to resolve the issue? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited:
Unfortunately commercial tenants do not have the same protection in terms of eviction and lockouts as residental tenants have.

Keep attempting to contact the landlord to see if you can work out this situation. Perhaps if you can pay more towards the owed rent they might relent.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back