Is it possible to have my cases expunged since I am now living a l sober legal life

L

linda palmisano

I was an abused woman in fear for my safety, went to seek help through Women Against Abuse unfortunately my "husband" my abuser tracked me down and caused me to be put out of the shelter because it was compromised, I then moved to an area that I was offered protection, but didn't know "they' were also predators who in turn got me addicted to drugs and forced me into prostitution, Again , I felt I had no one to help me because I was afraid of the abusers harming my family members, which I now know was how they controlled "us"it seems like a lifetime ago, but upon my parole in 2002 was picked up the States "fast team " who charged me with a case "prostitution" which was fabricated, I had past charges of solicitation and prostitution but was arrested on a violation of parole with no new charge Can I please have someone help me, after being released from the State Correctional Institute Muncy, where I decided I wanted to complete the maximum of my sentence, so I can get into a Drug Program to help myself and I also relocated to the Poconos,after being released August 24th 2005, I have been sober since and suffer from P.T.S.D. due to gang rapes that were committed against me while living that dangerous "life' I will probably be on anxiety medication indefinitely because some days I can't even open my door to retrieve my mail, I was able to work, but recently my nightmares are coming back to mind and reminding me of awful things that were done by me and to me please help me

Which, whether and under what circumstances a conviction can be expunged is state specific. Please identify yours.

I'm referring to the state in which the conviction occurred, not necessarily where you are living now.

I was an abused woman in fear for my safety, went to seek help through Women Against Abuse unfortunately my "husband" my abuser tracked me down and caused me to be put out of the shelter because it was compromised, I then moved to an area that I was offered protection, but didn't know "they' were also predators who in turn got me addicted to drugs and forced me into prostitution, Again , I felt I had no one to help me because I was afraid of the abusers harming my family members, which I now know was how they controlled "us"it seems like a lifetime ago, but upon my parole in 2002 was picked up the States "fast team " who charged me with a case "prostitution" which was fabricated, I had past charges of solicitation and prostitution but was arrested on a violation of parole with no new charge Can I please have someone help me, after being released from the State Correctional Institute Muncy, where I decided I wanted to complete the maximum of my sentence, so I can get into a Drug Program to help myself and I also relocated to the Poconos,after being released August 24th 2005, I have been sober since and suffer from P.T.S.D. due to gang rapes that were committed against me while living that dangerous "life' I will probably be on anxiety medication indefinitely because some days I can't even open my door to retrieve my mail, I was able to work, but recently my nightmares are coming back to mind and reminding me of awful things that were done by me and to me please help me

Find any local lawyer, heck find THREE local lawyers.

Visit each lawyer.

Ask him or her your questions.

The initial visit is FREE.

Or, GOOGLE "Expungement process YOUR STATE", and read how its done in your state.

If your state is PA, because you mentioned MUNCY CI, PA doesn't allow too much expunction.

When you reach age 70, possibilities do open up, but at 70, I doubt many peopel care!!!

Pennsylvania law allows expungement of summary offenses, which are minor crimes tried by a judge only and include offenses such as traffic tickets and contempt of court.

Your summary offense conviction may be expunged so long as you pled guilty, had the citation dismissed, completed an Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition or had the court order your conviction expunged.

You must also have satisfied all terms and conditions of your sentence and be free of arrest or conviction for five years following your disposition.

Your criminal history also qualifies for expungement once you reach the age of 70 and have not been arrested or prosecuted for 10 years following your release from incarceration.

Misdemeanors of the second degree may be expunged if they were committed while you were 25 years of age or younger and you have no record of arrest or convictions for seven to 10 years. A third-degree misdemeanor may be eligible for expungement provided you had no arrests or prosecutions during this period.

Particular misdemeanor offenses that do not qualify for expungement include second-degree assault, any crime involving use of a firearm, sex offenses, retaliation against a witness or victim, cruelty to animals or impersonating a public official.

Don't get TOO excited, expunging a conviction, if its allowed, won't change too much.

Why?

The conviction isn't washed away, many entities and people will still see all the dirty details.

If you are suffering from mental health related issues, forget legal solutions, seek help at your nearest mental health facility.

Last edited:
The initial visit is FREE.

I'd say that's not necessarily true. I personally know of no attorneys who provide free consultations. They say it's not worth it to them because they end up wasting their days for free and taking time away from paying clients.

Sure, there are attorneys that do free consultations but it can never be assumed.

I'd say that's not necessarily true. I personally know of no attorneys who provide free consultations. They say it's not worth it to them because they end up wasting their days for free and taking time away from paying clients.

Sure, there are attorneys that do free consultations but it can never be assumed.

Okay, you're free to voice your opinion.

Honestly, do you feel that most attorneys provide free consultations? Maybe in your neck of the woods but it's iffy around here!

Honestly, do you feel that most attorneys provide free consultations? Maybe in your neck of the woods but it's iffy around here!

I know attorneys offer free consultations all over this country.
Limited, as in 10-20 minutes, nevertheless FREE.

Back