Is emancipation possible for me

A

Allidianne

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I am 15 turning 16 soon. I have a job that doesn't pay much but it would pay for what I need. My friend and her family have agreed to let me stay there. They would make me pay rent but I can afford it. I have good grades and I'm very responsible. My parents have cause me physical and emotional pain to which I think nobody should endure. They have told me on multiple occasions that they will give me up to the state. I honestly feel like there's nothing between my parents but their right to control me. I have a place to stay, a job, and a good reason. I just need to know if this would be possible.

Short answer: No. Your situation is not why emancipation was created.

If you feel you are being abused, then you either need to contact CPS/DHS/DHR/DFCS or tell a trusted teacher/counselor at school (mandated reporters). The State will not emancipate abused children.

I am 15 turning 16 soon. I have a job that doesn't pay much but it would pay for what I need. My friend and her family have agreed to let me stay there. They would make me pay rent but I can afford it. I have good grades and I'm very responsible. My parents have cause me physical and emotional pain to which I think nobody should endure. They have told me on multiple occasions that they will give me up to the state. I honestly feel like there's nothing between my parents but their right to control me. I have a place to stay, a job, and a good reason. I just need to know if this would be possible.

If living with mom and dad is that bad, why don't you want to escape their evil clutches and become an illustrious ward of the state, existing in a state monitored foster or group home?

Back