Is amazing aloud to take out of my checking for payments when I put down to take out of savings?

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
I was wondering if Amazon is legally taking money out of my WRONG account.. Causing over draft fee's I cannot pay right now. I got a credit card with them, and set up for them to take out the money on todays date, which they did... But I set up so they would take out of my savings, but they ended up taking out of my checking in which I knew I didn't have any money in, which was why I set it up as my savings. Online where I set this up with Amazon, it even reads that I did choose savings.. So now I went to the bank, they told me I need to talk to them. So I did, and they said that isn't their problem, even after talking to the manager and supervisor. What should I do?

Did you provide Amazon with the account number to take the money from? If you designated savings I'm wondering how they would have your checking account number.

It's possible that the bank has no facility for paying out of a savings account and defaulted to the checking account even without an account number.

There is no way they could have access to the checking account unless you gave them the account numbers. Your checking account has one number. Your saving account has another number. How did amazon get the checking account number instead of the saving account?? find that ANSWER and you will find where the problem is..

Did you provide Amazon with the account number to take the money from? If you designated savings I'm wondering how they would have your checking account number.
Unfortunately my saving and checking are oddly the same account number, I had to double check with the bank to even make sure.. The only difference is the routing number, other than that, I can see this happening again in the future because of this and I should probably just change banks.

There is no way they could have access to the checking account unless you gave them the account numbers. Your checking account has one number. Your saving account has another number. How did amazon get the checking account number instead of the saving account?? find that ANSWER and you will find where the problem is..
I did figure that one out. I got one account number for both accounts. Which I was so positive couldn't even be right..? But I confirmed it with my bank and sure thing, same account number for bother, just different routing number.

Back