Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Is a prisoner (Indian) allowed to stay in USA even after term?

S

SamuelP

Jurisdiction
Virginia
Is a prisoner (Indian) allowed to stay in USA even after term? If Yes, for how long after term? What reasons we can show for them to stay for 2 years even after term?

Is a prisoner (Indian) allowed to stay in USA even after term? If Yes, for how long after term? What reasons we can show for them to stay for 2 years even after term?

I presume you are asking about an Indian National, as in a native from the subcontinent nation of India.

If the person in question is in the US legally, as in a permanent resident, citizen,or Green Card holder; more than likely there will be no issue with him or her staying two years or longer.

If the person is in the US illegally, he or she is likely to be repatriated to their home nation.

If the person in question was incarcerated for an immigration violation, or certain other heinous crimes, deportation might be in his or her future upon release from prison.

I suggest you speak with a lawyer in order to receive a precise answer, and not a speculative one such as I gave you.

Back