investment scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazindahead

My original post is in Misc. where I ask about preparing an outline. There is no edit button available nor can I delete it, so here I am with a new post.

This investment scam was executed four to five years ago and originates in one state but involves activity in other states and other companies. The SEC and FBI have been notified. Documents of proof include, emails and orginal investment paperwork and phone calls. I have been advised to start proceedings in the original state.

Contacting the Bar Association is the best way to find a lawyer but I do not live in the state therefore do not know anyone for personal recommendations.

What should I be looking for to find a qualified attourney(s)?

I am thinking a written outline of the problem, people involved, monies involved and what I am seeking is the best way to present the case to a potential attourney. Is this the correct way to begin?

Thankyou for any assistance. H

Personal referrals are usually the best if you can get them. Calling the Bar is not always perfect since they don't usually make any representations that one attorney is better than the other although they can address complaints against the attorneys.

The best you can do with regard to your case is to think about what might appeal to a good attorney to take your case. Will you be paying per hour or want the attorney to take a contingency fee (percentage of the award if he wins)? The more organized you are and the better case it presents, the better chance an attorney would be willing to take your case. After all, who wants to privately finance what appears to be a total money pit?

Let the attorney know the status of your case in the criminal court system. Any evidence obtained by the system is a freebie for you and a conviction is basically a guaranteed win for your civil case.

Does this help? Best of luck to you.

Thank you for your assistance. It will be a big nut to crack and any advice is welcomed. Continuing to ask questions especially if anyone has any references seems the best idea. Thank you for saying that the bar may not really have the answer.
H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back